Thursday, September 3, 2009

World's Largest Bat




Yesterday we stopped by the Louisville Slugger Factory/Museum in--you guessed it--Louisville, Kentucky. Now I will admit, I was a little disappointed when I found out this was the World's Largest Baseball Bat, and not a creature with wings and fangs and all that. But this was pretty darn cool! Turns out it's made of concrete, not wood, because as my mom noted, no piece of wood has a grain /that/ big. So hats off to whoever the master wood grain painter was!

The cool thing about going to all these "World's Biggest"s is that it is always astonishing when you see them. I mean, doubly so for mom since she has no idea where we are going, but even though I knew we were going to the World's Largest Baseball Bat I was still shocked when we turned the corner. Next time we'll have to go without the dog and cat and actually take the factory tour.

Batter up!
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment