Monday, September 7, 2009

Pittsburg, TX


On the side of the highway in Pittsburg, TX is the Pilgrim's Pride Chicken company headquarters. Emphasis on head! Out front is the giant bust of the founder, "Bo" Pilgrm. Apparently his hat used to be the roof of the family restaurant. Now it is an important part of Mom's favorite roadside stop. Pictures cannot even begin to portray the majesty of this... this... thing. It was a shock equally akin to the giant picnic basket.


Here Bo reads the Bible to Henrietta, the company's chickeny mascot, while Mom and Ruby look on. It is very important that chickens receive a spiritual education before being eaten!

We tried many, many times to get a shot of me jumping. They were all equally late and unflattering. I guess I'm just not meant to jump for chicken joy!

Bo's back!

This was the last of our stops on the trip, sadly. Our schedule got all messed up so we missed a few - we'll just have to do it again for Thanksiving or something. I'll be posting photos of the new house once I get stuff scanned and developed. Probably Wednesday, because I start school tomorrow!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment